Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Dame Judi Dench Can No Longer Read Due To Her Blindness!


She’s one of the UK’s much loved actresses but now Dame Judi Dench has announced that she can no longer read due to her blindness!
Poor Judi can no longer read scrips for films with means this is affecting her career.
But she’s not going to let this take control of her because she said that she isn’t going to retire anytime soon!
She said recently:
"I never want to make much of it, but it is difficult – very, very difficult. I can't read any more. I can't paint like I used to. I try to watch movies, but it's quite difficult. But these are all of the negatives. I don't want to really think about all that. What I can do, I do. And I somehow get by." 
Thankfully she has a good memory and Steve Coogan to read the scrips to her so she can remember them.
Her latest film is Philomena, and Judi carried on in saying:
"I heard a woman being interviewed on the radio the other day who was 105, and I expected this very frail voice, but this wonderful voice came out and she said to this reporter who was interviewing her, 'I'll tell you one thing,' she said, 'Don't stop anything. I never stop anything I'm doing because otherwise I'll never get started again.' And I thought, 'That'll do.'" 
It’s good to know that she has help around her and she’s not retiring anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...