Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Cilla Black To Star In Coronation Street Special!


Cilla Black is currently celebrating 50 years in showbusiness and one way she wanted to celebrate it was staring on UK soap Coronation Street.
Cilla's dream has came true and it's all that's to her good friend Paul O'Grady as she filmed a scene with in the Rovers Return with characters Rita and Norris.
But Black could have lived her dream of being on the show a few years ago as back in 2010 Cilla was offered a role on the show but she turned it down due to  long working hours.
Talking to the Daily Mirror Black told them:
'They have asked me to join the show,' 
It’s not their first approach – they have asked me several times. I love Corrie, but I keep saying no.'
'I couldn’t cope with all the hours they do, they work them like dogs. It’s really hard work.'
'It would be nice to do a cameo, but even Ian McKellen worked long hours when he did it for a while. If the role was right, I would do a one-off thing.'
The short clip of her on Corrie will air tonight on her 50th anniversary special on ITV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...